Sunday, January 8, 2012

Book Review: The Last Au Pair


Book: The Last Au Pair
Author: Mike Sincere (a GoodReads author)
Source: GoodReads.com

GoodReads Summary: GET READY TO HAVE FUN! Three young European women come to South Florida for adventure, romance, and excitement.  Expecting easy work, the women agree to become au pairs - live-in nannies for affluent American families. The first au pair is Monique, a pleasant French girl who is looking for fun. Next is Eline, a toll, blond Norwegian who will do almost anything to get a modeling contract.  The third is Sorina from Denmark, whose naivety always seems to get her into trouble.  When the three au pairs meet David Knight, a local high school teacher, their adventures get both complicated and comical as he tries to save them from their daily dramas.

My Thoughts: I'll be completely honest: I probably wouldn't have chosen this book to read in the first place, but I gave it a shot because I thought in reading the summary of the book that David Knight would be a great character to read.  Putting aside the fact that I probably wouldn't have chosen this book, I read it with a clear mind, like you should any book.  I particulary enjoyed David's character like I thought I would, he was such a great laugh throughout the entirety of the book.  I liked the fact that Mike Sincere wrote all three of the au pairs different in the sense that their personalities were quite different from one another; I had feared that they might end up cookie cutter versions of each other but that was definitely not the case.  I must also say, this book is extremely well written.  It was written in a way that made it read exceptionally well.

Favorite Quote: "While David and Monique compared costumes, Sophie left the room, returning a few minutes later with a bag of goodies. She pulled a couple of items from the bag, including jars of makeup. "Take off our wig," Sophie told David. "We have a lot of work to do." "

Other:  I was sent this book by the author from a give away on GoodReads.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment