Monday, February 13, 2012

Film Review: Apollo 18





Film: Apollo 18
Actors: Warren Christie, Lloyd Owen, Ryan Robbins
Director: Gonzalo Lopez-Gallego
Source: My dad's "need to see" list
Form: DVD

Summary: Decades-old found footage from NASA's abandoned Apollo 18 mission, where two American astronauts were sent on a secret expedition, reveals the reason the U.S. has never returned to the moon.

My Thoughts: I'll be directly up front; I didn't enjoy this film at all. It just didn't hold my attention and I often thought of non-related things while I watched this film.  The acting itself was good, I think that both Warren Christie (Ben Anderson) and Lloyd Owen (Nate Walker) both did a great job at their respective roles.  The most difficult thing for me in watching this film was the way they put the "footage" together.  There was a lot of the film cutting out in certain parts, which I understand in many places were quite intentionally considering it was an effect of plot, but there were other times where it was really unnecessary.  I can't really place my finger exactly on the main focus of why I didn't enjoy this film, but it is definitely not one I would watch again.

Rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment