Saturday, March 10, 2012

Film Review: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1



Film: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
Actors: Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Helena Bonham Carter, Robbie Coltrane
Director: David Yates
Source: I've been a follower of the book series, the films were kind of a given.
Form: DVD

Summary: Harry, Ron and Hermione set out on their perilous mission to track down and destroy the secret to Voldemort's immortality and destruction - the Horcruxes.  On their own and on the run, the three friends must now rely on one another more than ever... but Dark Forces in their midst threaten to tear them apart. Meanwhile, the wizarding world has become a dangerous place.  The long-feared war has begun and the Dark Lord has seized control over the Ministry of Magic and even Hogwarts, terrorizing and arresting all who might oppose him. The Chosen One has become the hunted one as the Death Eaters search for Harry with orders to bring him to Voldemort...alive.

My Thoughts:  I'm trying to think back to the first time that I saw this film, but that was quite a while back for me to remember.  I watched it again a week or so ago and I was blown away at the details that were brought forth. Unlike many other times when I watch the Harry Potter films for the first or second times, I didn't compare the film to the book. Which, in turn I think made me enjoy the film a lot more than I would have if I had compared the film to the book while I was watching it.  I really genuinely enjoyed this film.

Extras: The DVD that I own has additional scenes with it.  I really enjoyed seeing these snippets that didn't quite make the cut.  I think sometimes that I enjoy watching the additional scenes more often than the film.

Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment